Downtown Houston, TX, $45K
Well established non-profit client located downtown in search of an Accounting Assistant.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for processing all receivables (i.e. contributions, other revenue & accounts receivable)
- Enter a/p invoices
- Stuffing and mailing a/p checks
- Make bank deposits throughout the week as needed
- Maintain all finance files with exception of payroll related files.
- General filing
- Assist by making calls to vendors as needed
- Verify and match receipts for employee credit card holders
- Maintain Form W-9 spreadsheet and record book
- Scanning, filing and copying documents as needed
- Sort and distribute incoming mail when needed
- Cover phones at the reception desk during weekly staff meetings, and occasional coverage for breaks
- General accounting experience (a/p, a/r)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Good communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Quick learner.
- Extremely detail-oriented and accurate.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Beautiful work environment, comprehensive benefits package offered, and work hours of 9-5, M-F.