Human Resources Business Partner
The Woodlands, TX, $100-140K
Growing client in search of an experienced, dynamic Human Resources Business Partner. Position is located in The Woodlands, Texas, with occasional travel involved.
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge in talent acquisition, talent management, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational design and development, HR processes and systems.
- Work closely with other HR business partners to ensure an excellent HR service is delivered throughout, business partnering is working effectively and a consistent approach is taken
- Provide high level employee relations advice, support and guidance to line managers and internal client group
- Work closely with business segments to ensure consultation processes are carried out correctly and in a timely manner
- Work strategically and operationally with business segments in a business partnering capacity to ensure HR support is provided to enable them to meet their aims and objectives
- Ensure implementation of HR initiatives within the business groups and provide proactive support and advice
- Contribute to the monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc HR and business reporting processes
- Line manage the HR Advisor for the region and provide overall support, guidance and direction for them in delivering an effective, efficient, proactive, HR service within this area and as part of the HR Business Partner team.
- To provide cover for other HR Business Partners in times of absence and high work load
- Collaborate with HR colleagues in specialist roles to influence reward and resourcing which attract, engage and retain talent
- Work with managers to swiftly resolve individual performance/capability issues using appropriate tools
- Design and run internal projects in conjunction with human resource colleagues to drive employee engagement
- Manage employee satisfaction feedback/process and encourage managers and staff to participate
- Engage with managers in identifying and committing to improvement actions
- Work with mangers to develop learning and talent development plans to close key gaps for their area that align with the learning and talent development plan and priorities
- Encourage their leadership team to have clear and straightforward conversations with people about their strengths, limitations, development needs, career aspirations and to develop mentoring coaching relationships with key talent
- Build relationships and form alliances with external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders to scan for emerging trends, innovations and current best practice
- Work with the Leadership team to assess the overall current and future resource and talent levels across the department and determine short-, medium- and long-term strengths, gaps and needs, incorporating diversity
- Develop a recruitment plan in line with the business strategy to replace and renew talent at specific identified stages
- A leader who can handle complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Able to use compelling arguments to persuade and gain the support of others
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- A good decision maker, with shown success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- A professional who has demonstrated a pattern of upward growth
- Engage with leaders to develop and drive a people agenda that supports the business goals
- Develop new and lead implementation of existing HR programs and initiatives to support business goals
- Work with business unit management to analyze complex issues, design effective solutions, and facilitate change
- Build and maintain effective relationships and develop in-depth knowledge of the organization’s structure, roles, goals and challenges to serve as a trusted and valued advisor to management and staff
- Provide counsel on a broad spectrum of areas, including resolution of complex employee relations issues. Clarify, interpret and ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures. Ensure consistency in approach across areas of the business
- Actively partner with client department management to ensure up-to-date knowledge of client operations, organizational structure and culture, staffing changes, and potential human resources issues and opportunities
- Identify or clarify business unit needs as they relate to Human Resources and collaborate with HR Management, Specialists, and Shared Services staff in the development and implementation of programs, policies, and initiatives to best meet those needs
- Bachelor's degree. Master’s degree in HR or a related discipline preferred.
- 15+ years related HR experience, preferably with 5-7 years in HR Business Partner/managerial/strategic recruiting role
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and critical thinking skills
- Ability to establish relationships, build trust, manage conflict and influence others
- Ability to see the big picture and be attentive to detail