North Houston, TX , $DOE
North Houston consulting firm seeks Temp-to-Hire Accountant to provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; as well as preparing reports and presenting financials at Board meetings. 4-year degree required, along with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, ability to work independently and follow through as required to meet deadlines. Excellent opportunity to start an accounting group from ground-level up as position reports to COO, and while job initially serves very much as an Accountant/Controller type, for someone with finance aspirations seeking growth, it may offer opportunity to evolve into Finance Director, then VP and ultimately lead to CFO.
Through 2019, job offers choice of hours commensurate with pay: 9am-3pm or 8am-5pm Monday through Friday and requires a 40-hour work beginning January 2020.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforce adherence to requirements, and advise management on needed actions.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplish the result by performing the duty.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 4-year degree
- Minimum 5+ years’ similar experience with various duties pertaining to Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting, Research, SFAS Rules
Great North location with business casual environment, management with terrific leadership, and benefits are available to fulltime employees.