Admin Assistant - Benefits & Insurance, temp to hire
North Houston, TX, $40K
Excellent opportunity for candidates in the Champions / Tomball / Cypress area:
Junior level Temp to Hire Administrative Assistant needed for a small family office located in North Houston, expertise in Benefits, Insurance and Wealth Management firm with long-tenured staff. Ideal match is a proactive, self-motivated, conscientious quick study with a solid work ethic. Role provides admin support for group health insurance and ancillary insurance; directly reports to and supports the firm’s Account Manager, as well as assists with miscellaneous projects/tasks as requested by Director of Risk. Meticulous attention to detail is required due to high volume data entry, documentation and report generation.
- Prepare the following:
- annual client renewal spreadsheets
- monthly self-funded stop-loss reporting
- annual proposal requests
- quarterly client meeting presentations
- Assist with client service issues (eligibility, claims, benefits, billing); work with carriers and clients to resolve questions/problems
- Assist with implementing/setup insurance agency software system(s) for all clients
- Assist with completing carrier documents for clients as needed.
- Assist with scheduling/coordinating/confirming/preparing for new carrier appointments and State licensing for Director of Risk and / or firm’s Financial Consultant.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; in addition to populating Excel spreadsheets, must the ability to create basic spreadsheets
- Previous insurance experience is preferred but not required
- Must satisfy requirements for background check and drug screening
Monday through Friday hours: 7:30am-4:30pm or 8am-5pm with a 1-hour lunch.
Benefits available to fulltime employees.