Administrative Assistant / Floater, temp
Downtown Houston, TX, $19-25/hour
Highly upscale private equity firm located downtown seeks TEMP Administrative Assistant to serve as floater/back-up for a variety of administrative responsibilities. Ideal opportunity for someone accustomed to managing a high volume of work and prioritizing tasks/projects according to deadline. Previous experience in a corporate setting required; administrative experience in financial or professional services industry is preferred.
- Provide overflow administrative support to Executive Assistants
- Assist Executive Assistants with large copy, print and binding jobs; online research projects and other special projects
- Ensure copy machines function properly, organize maintenance when needed, and maintain supply of toner cartridges, waste toner, and paper
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing mail and packages with USPS, FedEx, UPS and other courier services
- Sort and distribute mail and interoffice deliveries
- Serve as back-up to primary receptionist
- Greet and attend to visitors/guests, offer a beverage and alert appropriate Executives and Assistants upon arrival
- Receive and appropriately transfer all incoming phone calls.
- Manage meeting room calendars, including video/audio teleconferencing meetings, meals and events
- Maintain five conference rooms
- Arrange and place daily lunch orders for Houston office
- Arrange hot beverage service (or occasional meal) for meetings
- Role requires sitting at reception desk 2-3 hours per day and full time when the primary receptionist is out of office
- Back up in ordering all office supplies, snacks, beverages, cleaning products, kitchen goods, etc.; assist in ordering and unpacking weekly groceries
- Maintain and stock Coffee Bar and Kitchens; including loading and unloading dishwashers
- Maintain copy/supply rooms, ensuring all supplies are organized/stocked; unpack and/or distribute incoming shipments of office supplies; arrange for disposal of ShredIt bins
- Inform Facilities Manager and/or Receptionist of maintenance needs in the office
M-F hours are Monday - Friday are 8-4:30pm with a 30-minute lunch.
Lunch provided daily along with reserved parking in a nearby garage.