Director, Payroll & Benefits
The Woodlands, TX, $130-180K+
Energy firm located in The Woodlands, TX, in search of an experienced Director of Payroll and Benefits. Position is responsible for leading the Employee Services team in the strategic planning, analysis and administration of all employee benefits and payroll programs. The ideal candidate will have energy industry background and Workday Configuration experience. Will supervise up to 10 employees and contractors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain responsibility for the development, implementation and maintenance of the company’s Payroll and Benefits programs, which requires the combination of a strong analytical mindset with the cultivation of a customer service disposition.
- Ensure programs are current and competitive with regards to trends, practices and costs.
- Negotiate coverage, services, and costs with benefit carriers and brokers.
- Analyze complex transactions, identify issues, and partner with internal stakeholders and site HR teams to identify causes, assess risks, and implement plans to eliminate future occurrence.
- Evaluate, develop, recommend, and implement payroll policies, processes, and system enhancements designed to improve business processes within the department.
- Assure compliance with all legal requirements of various employee benefit and payroll programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ Human Resources experience, 3 years' HR management experience to include demonstrated experience and knowledge of benefits and payroll, and 5 years' experience managing benefits programs including health and welfare and retirement plans.
- Experience with Workday Configuration.
- Solid understanding of the various government statutory requirements on employment standards, compensation, benefits, payroll, etc. across multiple states, including the ACA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience working with remote employee groups in multiple states, and with unionized collectively bargained employees preferred.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
- Travel required - less than 10%