Executive Assistant to General Counsel
Downtown Houston, TX, $DOE+
Executive Assistant needed to support the SVP/General Counsel of a downtown oil & gas firm. Role requires a results-oriented professional with effective verbal and written communication skills, able to anticipate needs and utilize sound judgment in a team environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Organizing meetings including preparing agendas, inviting attendees, scheduling meeting rooms, ordering meals. (Includes interfacing with target companies, financial advisors, sourcing partners, etc.)
- Scheduling appointments, keeping calendar current, providing optimal time for work and special projects for SVP.
- Sorting, reading and annotating incoming mail and documents, ensuring documents are complete prior to obtaining executive’s signature; composing responses or providing pertinent information for executive response, when necessary.
- Preparing outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes; copying and distributing correspondence or other printed materials.
- Answering, screening and responding to calls, relaying information reflecting the executive’s views/wishes, and reporting unusual circumstances.
- Coordinating travel arrangements including airfare, hotel and/or conference registration, etc., according to budget and guidelines and creating detailed itineraries.
- Using chart of accounts to code incoming invoices for SVP and legal department; copying check requests and sending to Accounts Payable Travel reimbursement, documenting corporate credit card expenses and reimbursements.
- Assisting with printing, binding and shipping presentations for conferences.
- Greeting and directing scheduled visitors to appropriate area or person.
- Previous experience in a similar role supporting senior level managers / C-suite; corporate legal experience a strong plus
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; advanced Excel experience to include pivot tables and v-lookups
- College degree preferred
Company offers paid parking, a comprehensive benefits package, generous annual bonus opportunity, and a 9/80 work schedule.