Northwest Houston, TX, $70-80K
Northwest Houston oilfield services company seeks Financial Analyst for a newly created position. Role analyzes company’s financial performance by collecting, monitoring and studying data; and provides recommendations to management to establish cost structures and determine capital budgeting for projects based on forecasting future revenues and expenditures.
Terrific opportunity for a self-starter with 3-5 years’ similar experience, strong time management, organizational and communication skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance.
- Assist in determining cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collect operational data.
- Identify financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts; and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Work with organizational leadership by providing quality and timely financial performance analysis which will be used to help guide the business forward.
- Respond to ad-hoc inquiries regarding financial results and analysis requests.
- Conduct market-related research on a regular basis.
- Assist with the coordination of the annual budgeting process and presentation.
- Coordinate with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field
- 3-5 years of related experience in preparing and analyzing financial information
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications; working knowledge of accounting systems
- Capable of analyzing large sets of data