Front Office Admin/Receptionist, temp-to-hire
Montrose Area, $40K
Montrose area firm catering to high-end clientele seeks Temp-to-Hire Front Office Admin / Receptionist to serve as first point of contact for answering and routing incoming calls, greeting clients and receiving/directing deliveries, and handling daily office administrative functions. Position available immediately due to recent restructure of role. Conscientious professional with previous office experience required, along with meticulous attention to detail.
- Open the office daily and maintain reception area, conference rooms and kitchen/workroom.
- Answer and direct all incoming calls, take and deliver messages as needed.
- Greet visitors, notify appropriate parties of arrival and/or direct as necessary to meeting location.
- Receive packages and distribute to recipient; retrieve, open, date stamp and distribute mail; prepare FedEx shipments as requested; and arrange courier delivery as requested.
- Prepare cover letter and transmit project consultant invoices to clients as needed.
- Update staff sign-in / sign-out log daily.
- Monitor supply of kitchen and office supplies to ensure adequate stock levels; prepare order(s) as needed for approval by Office Manager; place and receive orders weekly.
- Distribute lunch menu to participants of weekly staff meeting, place lunch order for delivery.
- Scan and electronically file a completed Monthly Invoice Processing package monthly.
- Reconcile courier receipts and FedEx receipts to monthly statements; provide readings for metered print/copy sources to managed print service provider.
- Coordinate with Office Manager and staff to assist with semi-annual office-wide clean-up efforts by ensuring availability of boxes and supplies, arranging for pickup by offsite storage provider, and arranging for trash removal, etc.
Additional duties as needed:
- Act as point of contact for managed print services; arrange for service to printers as needed; receive and distribute replacement toner as delivered through Managed Print Services contract.
- Act as point of contact/liaison with building management for maintenance requests, etc.
- Provide services as notary public.
- Act as administrator for telephone system including programming changes and updates to telephone extension list.
- Maintain database of offsite storage contents; serve as point of contact with offsite records management storage facility to retrieve/request pickup of boxes of archived documents.
- Maintain log of building issued access cards, update and maintain requests to activate/deactivate; issue office keys and access cards as appropriate.
- Maintain firm’s general Contact List in Outlook; update, maintain and distribute internal telephone extensions and maintain Emergency Contact lists.
- Coordinate, schedule and communicate “Lunch and Learn” opportunities.
- Miscellaneous tasks as requested.
Monday-Friday hours are 8am-5pm.
Ideal opportunity for an admin seeking a busy desk with variety of task, the ability to work independently while serving as a contributing team member. Superb location for applicants located in Montrose, Midtown, Museum District, River Oaks, Rice Military, or Heights! Benefits available to fulltime employees upon completion of temp-to-hire.