HR Business Partner
Northwest Houston, TX, $65-70K
Highly desirable client in Northwest Houston has a newly created position open for an HR Business Partner to join their established and long-tenured HR group.
The HR Business Partner position’s primary responsibility is to provide support to management on employee performance issues and assist employees with workplace concerns. This role will collaborate with the HR team for best possible outcomes.
- Receive complaints/inquiries from employees regarding clarification of company policies, concerns in the workplace, etc.
- Investigate issues and document in employee relations software
- Follow up with employee and management on the outcome of the investigation
- Provide guidance to Managers to make appropriate disciplinary decisions
- Work closely with HR team for best possible outcomes, ensuring consistency with company policies
- Respond to unemployment claims weekly, preparing Managers for appeal hearings and attending hearings as necessary
- Participate in and present HR training to management in management training program
- Additional related projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Strong knowledge and understanding of employment law
- 3-5 years HR Generalist/HR Business Partner experience
- Positive, professional attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Professional, effective presentation skills
- Fast learner and willingness to take on new assignments
- Strong team player skills and ability to adapt to change quickly
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines as necessary
Desirable Northwest Houston location offering comprehensive benefits and terrific work culture.