Senior Accountant, Non-profit
Downtown Houston, TX, $55-60K
Major non-profit organization located in downtown Houston in search of a Senior Accountant.
Responsibilities will include:
- Produce accurate monthly financial statements using the Financial Edge accounting system.
- Supervise the Accounts Payable Administrator and Staff Accountant, with responsibility for assessing and developing their skillsets; plan, assign and review work.
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis.
- Primary responsibility for reconciliations of contributed revenue and investment activity.
- Prepare monthly closing general ledger entries.
- Review cash receipt processing, restricted asset releases, accounts receivable collection and monthly accounting cycle closing in accordance with GAAP.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Analyze financial reports, forecasts and other data, as assigned.
- Monitor cash flow and investments, making necessary bank transfers.
- Identify errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency.
- Work with CFO and Director of Finance, in conjunction with external auditors, to prepare annual audit.
- Compile/provide financial data for grant reporting.
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Assist with annual financial surveys.
- Work with other departments as necessary to facilitate a smooth and continuous flow of information.
- Accounting or Finance degree required; CPA is a plus.
- 6 years’ accounting experience required with a minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Non-profit experience and knowledge of GAAP, especially with respect to contributed revenue; endowment experience a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.