Southwest Houston, TX, $75-80K
Oil and gas manufacturing company in search of an HR Generalist to join their team. This person will support the overall mission of the company and carry out a variety of responsibilities to include onboarding, benefits administration, recruitment/employment and employment law compliance.
- Maintain employee records.
- Maintain labor regulations and statutory filings.
- Monitor and update employees regularly about 401K, vacation status/benefits, health insurance plans, compensation plans, and timely bonus management.
- Collect data on employee expenses, reconcile spend with prior approval and budgets, monitor and maintain employee credit cards and expenses/ limits.
- Provide employee event management - team building planning and coordination.
- Provide HR policy development and management and HR related administration - labor employment surveys, manufacturing industry surveys.
- Ability to process payroll.
- Communicate general announcements on portal.
- Conduct bi-weekly onboarding of newly hired employees and enter new hire paperwork in HRIS
- Coordinate health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning routine administration.
- Reconcile/validate data entry to ensure data integrity and support routine reporting requests including running monthly reports.
- Keep employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in the HRIS system in a timely fashion.
- Assist in recruitment process by coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes, performing reference checks and telephone interviews; source and develop talent pools.
- Maintain listing of approved positions along with assigned salary grade levels
- Support initiatives and activities from employee and manager training, which is facilitated by HR; may support company-sponsored employee events as directed.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- 5 years of HR experience in manufacturing and/ or multinational Oil and Gas industry.
- Degree or diploma in HR, prefer additional certification in psychology or sociology and basic immigration regulations.
- Speak English and Spanish fluently.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel and any other HR data analytic system.
Comprehensive benefits and 401K match offered.